AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tried out the NH575
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry in AB
Posted 7/13/2006 12:21 (#26154)
Subject: Tried out the NH575

Alberta, Canada
I finally got to use the new baler....or more like pick behind it as someone else drove it.

It does make nice bales but really not much different from my old NH278 when it's driven properly. I will say the 575 does seem to be more "forgiving" when pushed in making consistant bales. Where as with the 278 when the driver is driving too fast and making those big flakes the bales tend to get poorly shaped.

From the side it's hard to tell the two baler's bales apart as the 575 and 278 have the string spacing about the same. Where as my 320 has the strings spaced wider apart. An easy way to tell the 575 and the old baler's bales apart is looking down the row. The 575 bales are narrower!!! By about an inch I'd say compared to my old balers. Which should make for nicer picking in that fluffy type of hay or straw. I also like those tension doors on the side and the bale case extension which will be really handy when we do straw. It makes for quicker adjustments when baling.

That rotory feeder system is sure nice and seems to feed real good. The driver was telling me he really likes the wider pickup too. I wish I could drive it a couple hrs and see how it perfrorms.

As for capacity I don't know it seems to be about the same from what I could see so far. After 10,000 bales I'll know more, a better test will be in some really dry heavy stuff that is harder to compact.

When the saleman brought it out I was telling him I should check the hyd. bale tension adjuster knob. As I grabbed it, it fell off.......thanks Rodney you saved me loosing that little knob the first day!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)