AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NFL needs a penalty box
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jocoshar23
Posted 11/30/2013 07:31 (#3480431)
Subject: NFL needs a penalty box

SE IA
So I was watching the steelers ravens game on Thanksgiving and there was a lot of useless jawing and group fighting between plays that refs had to break up all the time. What a waste of time...These hard helmet to helmet plays where players use their helmets to hit and tackle are dangerous and a 15 yard personal foul isn't enough.

Put the player in a penalty box and make the team play 1 man down for the rest of the drive to really penalize a team for allowing such crass behavior on the field. I hate seeing personal foul offsetting penalties for 2 players in a shoving match. They get a slap on the wrist and they go back to playing.

1 last change....When a team is backed up to their goal line and commit a penalty that gets charged half the distance to the goal, I think the remaining yardage needs to be tacked on from the first down yard marker. A personal foul on your own 5 yard line and you get backed up 2.5 yards? Silly. The other 12.5 yards should get dragged forward from the first down marker.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)