AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Topcon SYS 150
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

coles
Posted 10/31/2013 08:34 (#3414885)
Subject: Topcon SYS 150

WA, Australia
I have moved a Topcon SYS 150 from a Fendt where it was working fine into a Gleaner A85 steer ready (AGCO PVED Valve).
Now the GX-45 display comes up with no serial comms with AGI-3 but has GPS position so I know it is connected correctly.

Topcon support told me it was because the PVED valve was not programmed correctly. Had the local AGCO guys out to flash the PVED with the latest S/W.
this got things up and running performed s/w update to 2.9.10 all the CALS and the machine steered well while I tested it around the yard.

Next day back to the same issue performed a NVRAM reset on the AGI-3 all this achieved is it now has no serial comms and no GPS.
Downloaded Topcon receiver utility and tried to connect this directly to the AGI-3 hoping to get some more detailed diagnostics.
TRU would not connect with either straight through cable or NULL

Have had simular problem with several of these receivers but a couple of power cycles usually fixes it.

Any ideas or experience greatly appreciated these receivers seem to have a mind of their own and Topcon have no idea what the issue is.

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)