AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Short and sweet crop report from france
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Brian_nwIL
Posted 9/11/2013 16:17 (#3322017)
Subject: Short and sweet crop report from france

South of Moline, 67 to NN, West to 56th
First off, the Internet connections here have basically sucked, great artwork but I wish I had my old dial up here.

We took a train fro st malo to Paris through some nice countryside, lots of charlois cows, some dairy, lots of hay, lots of wheat that had been cut and some corn. Also a few sunflower fields, a few unharvested.

The wheat stubble looked heavy to me, all the straw had been baled off but to this corn/ soy farmer it looked like they could have had some good wheat. There were no weeds in the stubble growing up after the harvest.

The corn looked yellowish with the lower leaves pretty much brown up to the ears, we were going fast on the train but none of the corn was all that great, I would have felt kind of low if it was mine.

My overall impression was it looked like things had been dry for some time, nothing looked fresh or green. The guide in Paris said today it's been a long, hot, dry summer, take it for what it's worth, an Irish guide giving bike tours in Paris.

The land was not all that flat, long sweeping hills like maybe around lexington Illinois or up around wheat land Iowa, I did not see any rocks anywhere.

There you go, next report from somewhere else, maybe Switzerland or germany
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)