AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze Planter Leaving Skips?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

litljon
Posted 7/10/2013 09:08 (#3200795)
Subject: Kinze Planter Leaving Skips?

Eastern Iowa
Have a customer with a now 4 year old 24 row Kinze Vision Planter with Kinze PMM, Hydraulic Drive and Air Clutches. The Grower has had issues the last 4 years with the planter leaving skips on average 2 to 3 times per field. Usually in the middle of a pass. The first year he had an Insight, Ez 500 on WAAS with an Ez Steer, 2nd year with an Insight and Upgraded to a different Ez Guide 500 with OmniStar and AutoPilot, The last 2 years he upgraded to an Integra but still using the Ez Guide 500 and AutoPilot.
I checked both implement switches and they work fine. When we see these skips, it is not the whole planter shutting off at the same straight line, it can be staggered in rows of 3, which is a section ( 8 sections of 3 rows). So I believe it is not the Hyd. Drive or an implement switch but the row shut offs. Also when the grower turn Autoswath off, he has not had an issue, but has not done many acres with it off either. It also leaves gaps on the coverage map as well, but every gap on the coverage does not always mean a skip in the field, interesting.
I did some testing the other day, dropped the planter, turned on AutoSwath and drove forward. I then pulled the GPS from the 500 for about 20ft and it kept mapping? When I reconnected the GPS cable from the 500 I heard the Air Clutches turn off then on very quickly and it left a skip on the coverage map. Could GPS from the 500 be our issue? The 500 was set to output TSIP, if I change it to NMEA output will that fix the issue? Or should we look at adding a GeoSteer instead? Grower has mention going RTK.

Your Thoughts on what the cause of this issue is?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)