AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tiling Questions?????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

17821x
Posted 7/8/2013 22:05 (#3198233)
Subject: Tiling Questions?????

NE Iowa
Most of our fields are quite steep but there are pockets that could use some tile. This year is bad but see some damage almost every year. Have these wet holes where corn goes from7' tall and dark green to only 2' tall and pale within a few feet. These areas aren't large and a single tile run through the middle of them would cure them. Problem is don't have a good outlet for the water. have about 3 places I need an outlet and all involve the same neighbor. Two of the spots would need to go 1000' across neighbors field to get to a timbered ditch that drains into a creek. The third spot I need an outlet I know the neighbor has his own tile in the area just on the other side of the fence. I know in Iowa the law says you can just outlet the tile at the fence as long as it is in the natural waterway or flow but that wouldn't be nice. So my questions are:

1) If the neighbor lets you run across there property for a better outlet how do you handle the cost? Do you split it 50/50 for the portion on his land or what?

2) If he lets me connect into his tile system in the other area I'm worried about capacity. If a tile is inadequately sized does the uphill or downhill portion not drain properly?

I've been putting this off for years but tired of looking at these wet spots performing poorly. Have other spots that need tile that are easy to outlet but some of the worst stuff is where I need to work with the neighbor. Any advice?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)