AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Guide Plus to Microtrak interface for ground speed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mackg
Posted 7/1/2013 13:51 (#3185337)
Subject: EZ Guide Plus to Microtrak interface for ground speed

West Central Ohio
I am attempting to interface an EZ Guide Plus to a Microtrak SprayMate II for ground speed input to the spray controller and cannot get any speed to register on the spray controller. I have it wired: EZ Guide>Trimble Speed Amplifier> AgElectronics 4001225-1A Splitter cable with Radar output > AgElectronics 1485-0050 Radar Cable Microtrak > SprayMateII. The EZ Guide data port settings are 8N1, 4800 baud, 1Hz output, and GGA precision = 7. NMEA messages: GGA, VTG, and ZDA ore ON, GSA, GLL, RMC, and GSV are OFF. Pulse output is set to 58.94 HZ/MPH. I have played around with different baud rates, output rates, and pulse output (along with the corresponding speed cal # in the spray controller) but still cant get the microtrak to read anything at all. Can anyone provide some guidance as to which NMEA messages need to be turned ON and what the significance of the Pulse angle (currently set to 0 degrees) is? Is there a way to probe the connectors with a meter and see if there is an output? There has to be something simple I'm missing.
Thanks in advance for any input!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)