AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Steer wandering update and question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

oldbones
Posted 5/29/2013 20:17 (#3125799)
Subject: EZ Steer wandering update and question

Floyd County, Iowa
Posted a question a while back about my EZ Steer wandering back and forth.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=385631&posts=1... steer&highlightmode=1#M3070635

I finally got in the field week before last, for a day and a half, until it rained again. I tweaked some of the agressiveness numbers, as well as some of the dimension setup numbers, and it seemed to help a little, but the wheel was still sawing back and forth a little (not quite as much, but noticeable).
Last fall I had the T2 box mounted with the leads pointing straight down, and it didn't seem to do the back and forth thing.
I was advised that the T2 works better mounted flat, so I moved it with leads forward and recalibrated.
That's when the wandering thing started.
I guess my question is: Does the T2 box react differently when mounted in different positions?
I'm thinking that I should move it back to where I had it last fall, recalibrate, and run it.
One last minute question: Is it possible that something's wacky with the T2 and it should be sent in and checked? Not sure how the T2 works- (it either comes on and works or stays off and doesn't?).
Antenna is on hood, over front axle (Deere 8100 mfwd). Like it there for manual steering with lightbar when spraying row crops.
Entered 2" forward and 76" height for measurement of antenna.
105% online aggressiveness. I experimented with measurements and aggressiveness, not much difference.
I did not recalibrate when changing measurements. Should I have?
Hopefully it will quit raining and we can get back out there.
Thank you to all who replied to earlier post.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)