AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OUCH!!!! (pic)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 4/7/2013 00:01 (#3017392)
Subject: OUCH!!!! (pic)

OK, out in CA at my son and DIL's place helping any way I can with the new baby. So my son asked if I would go with him and pick up flowers to plant in a bunch of pots in his back yard. I love to plant flowers. So went with him and also got some potting soil. Was just about done planting all the pots and I had used up one of the big bags of potting soil and needed to get the second bag. I lifted it and it was a little heavy, and as I turned to go with it, it bumped, or brushed against the top of my foot. Not really a big deal, except it caught my big toenail and ripped what I thought was half of it off. I was dripping blood all over their patio. Lucky, it really didn't hurt. Got over to the grass and my son brought me a clean dish with soapy water so I could wash my hands at least. I hosed it off and cleaned it up and bandaged it. But was a little worred about what should be done. I asked a couple nurse friends of mine and they said it needed to be looked at. I have to be careful seeing I had the two joint replacements. Have to always watch for infection. So I thought great, in CA and I heard about having to wait for hours at an ER. My DIL called a walk in clinic and it was open until 8:00PM and she checked if it excepted my insurance. It did, so son took me there. Not a soul was there (patients) I asked my son is this a bad place? It was brand new. So after the paper work, got right in. Doc said it was 85% ripped off, so he froze it and took it the rest of the way off. Real nice, sandal season in WI just around the corner and I have no big toenail. It was fun, the doc and his assistant, another guy and I was joking with them if Dave would have been there, he would have treated me like he does the cows. Would have had the hoof trimmer take a look at it. I was trying not to watch, but did sneak a peek when it was off and I said that I needed a picture. He let me. Nice guys, doc was really young and cute too... Hope it doesn't start to hurt during the night. Doc said that I can't walk the dogs for awhile. Been walking an hour and 20 minutes a day with them. That will be Dave's job when he comes out on Tuesday.

(No more toenail.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments No more toenail.jpg (47KB - 111 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)