AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

In-furrow Micros with soybeans???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

17821x
Posted 3/5/2013 21:27 (#2945015)
Subject: In-furrow Micros with soybeans???

NE Iowa
I plant soybeans in 30" rows with a planter that is setup for in-furrow pop-up fertilizer. There are a lot of pre-mixed micro products like TJ Micromix or seed applied micros Nutriplant SD or Wolftrax. Thinking of making my own mix and saving some money. Buy some manganese sulfate, zinc sulfate, iron sulfate, copper sulfate, and maybe sodium molybdate and mix it with 5 gallon of water per acre. Maybe end up with about 0.4# of manganese and iron and maybe half that of zinc per acre. Maybe .05# of copper per acre. Since these are all sulfate forms it would amount to a couple #'s of S per acre also. This would be much cheaper and higher amounts of actual micros per acre then the pre-mixed stuff. Would I have any seed safety issues? Or compatibility issues with seed applied innoculant? Got some first year bean ground and would hate to kill any of the rhizobia in the inoculant. I know enough to keep the Boron out of the starter. I've done some tissue testing in the past and haven't seen any deficiencies but thought it would be a good way to get some micros in the ground cheaply with minimal hassle. Any thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)