AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I buried one of my best friends today.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

shoptek
Posted 2/12/2013 20:51 (#2895088)
Subject: I buried one of my best friends today.

NW IOWA
Even though he was just a dog he was still one of my most loyal friends. I buried him among the grape vines we planted. Nice soft, sweet smelling hay lined grave with a big ol pig leg bone buried with him to sustain him to the there after. (his favorite treat!) I'm sure going to miss him. 12 years of working together side by side every day, all day long. He maybe was just a dog (and he knew he was just a dog) but truly a loyal, trustworthy dog that gave his all in everything he did. And he was satisfied for a good hard head and back scratching for a job well done. It was amazing to watch him stop a charging 600# sow or boar in their tracks. He knew exactly where to nip the hogs to stop them. These weren't tricks that he knew, this was his talent! He didn't know what fear was unless he got backed into a corner by a bunch of hogs. Smokey spent his last two days in the heated shop working with me because he always wanted to be nearby. Between a broken leg (that healed this winter), paralysis in the back and now cancer it finally took it's toll! I truly buried a great friend and partner today. Luved Ya "Smokey". RIP

(100_0055_1.jpg)

(911.jpg)

(1014121455.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_0055_1.jpg (23KB - 119 downloads)
Attachments 911.jpg (83KB - 123 downloads)
Attachments 1014121455.jpg (98KB - 152 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)