AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Portable air compressor refurb update...thanks NAT & Jake!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 2/10/2013 09:48 (#2887941)
Subject: Portable air compressor refurb update...thanks NAT & Jake!!!!

Chebanse, IL.....

Last fall I posted here that I was looking for replacement air tank assy for Porter Cable portable compressor that we had. The bottom of the tanks had rusted & pinholes allowed air to leak, rather quickly. As a sidenote, I don't think tanks "explode" when they rust, they just blow out a little pinhole that would probably get perpetually bigger. Anyway, it wouldn't even hold compressed air for 1 second. Porter Cable does not offer a tank replacement. Every other part, including the rubber feet..yes, but not tanks!!! Seems dumb to me.

But anyway, due to the fact that another poster (personally unknown to me) & I both have emails listed, that poster contacted me w/some photos of a compressor he had that looked similar. Ironically his engine was shot & he wasn't interested in rebuilding at this time, but would sell the tank assy for what I thought was a fair price. However, the poster was several hundred miles S of me & delivery looked like it would be a challenge. I know many NATers don't have a good view of the USPS, but I've always gotten along well with them here. Friendly local postmaster measured my old tanks & estimated postage. No packing was needed. Just slap a "To" label on it & go. My new friend from the south did so & probably 2-3 days later friendly local postmaster called my cell & asked if I wanted to pick it up on the dock, or have it rural delivered. I picked it up & we were in business.

Son Kurt & I did a little refurbishing & we're now good. First thing we noticed was they were not exact duplicates, but it worked anyway. No big deal, did a little replumbing & painting. Fired it up & it filled tank w/no leaks.

Thank you again FSA Jake!! Thank you for the help & the time you expended to ship! NAT has really made changes in the daily lives of world agriculture, no doubt.

Top photo is my "bad" compressor. Next photo is Jakes, before he mailed it. Everything was removed prior to shipping. I only needed tank assy. Bottom 2 photos are the re-furbed compressor.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)