AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many can they breed in a couple hours??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

German Shepherd
Posted 1/30/2013 20:45 (#2862381)
Subject: How many can they breed in a couple hours??

We're still getting lambs from our oops moment.   I thought they were coming from a couple of the girls jumping fence, but I found out when the wife got home that it was a couple ewe lambs that got in where they weren't supposed to.  It turns out the rams got out for no more than a couple hours on Sept 5.

We now have 18 lambs out of 8 ewes, all alive although one is showing problems.  There were only 120 ewes in that bunch and we just started flushing, but they got the job done I guess.

To add to the misery, my wife came back from Minnesota Sunday and got sick with the flu on Monday and hasn't been able to help at all.   Of course, it's going to be cold for the next 48 hours too.   No danger of losing anything from the cold, the barns are good enough, but it's just the idea.   I guess it's not lambing if something doesn't go wrong.    Seems these 8 ewes are more work than when we get 10 a day when they are expected.

The real season starts about Feb 8.

Edit: Meant to post this is stock talk, but now you non livestock people know what happens when the rams get out.

Edited by Sheep Herder 1/30/2013 20:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)