AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dang, the well just gets worse all the time.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 1/11/2013 09:07 (#2814584)
Subject: Dang, the well just gets worse all the time.

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I have a 1200 head hog finisher that has a shallow well for water source. It's approximately 20' deep that is located in a draw. There is a tile line that runs about 75' from the well that is surprisingly still running. Last August it couldn't keep up so I switched 1/2 that building over to rural water. Sometime last fall I went to every other day using rural water on the side I was using my well water because it couldn't keep up. Yesterday morning I switched to well water about 8:00 a.m. & about 5:00 p.m. my alarm system called me & said my well water pressure was low. So I went & switched it to rural water. I looked this morning at the well & it's along ways down before I can see water. Guess I'll wait until tomorrow to switch it over & see what happens.

I'm not using much water @ day on this side of the building, about 600 gallons. I've had this building for 15+ years & have never had to use this much rural water before. I'm just thankful I have access to it.

We need allot of rain before this spring to recharge our soils. It's going to be an interesting year if we don't get much rain this year. I'm going from 80% to 85% on my crop coverage this year, I don't care what it cost.

Edited by IOWAMARK 1/11/2013 09:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)