AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used Railroad Ties
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 1/2/2013 01:11 (#2792434)
Subject: Used Railroad Ties

Does anyone have any connections for getting good used ties, we got 2 bundles about 12 years ago, when we went through a small town where a salvage company was pulling up a rail line, they didn't want to sell any at first and said come back next week after all there "contracts" were filled said we live 100 miles away either we take some today or we are not comming back, and all of a sudden they had some to sell. Anyways there were #1 grade ties (in excellent condition had never seen such good ties except for new ones) and heavy they averaged over 130 lbs, and so darn hard you couldn't run a lag bolt into them without first drilling a pilot hole, so does anyone have any good contacts need about 20-30 to rebuild some pasture fence and am having trouble finding good ones, lots and lots of junk ties out there and even ones they are calling and (pricing as) #1 that look like crap, don't know if standards have changed or we just got lucky last time around. Problem is I don't need a darn semi load and I really don't want to get in the business of selling ties either and I live in SE North Dakota, I am willing to drive a ways (within reason) to pick them up if they are GOOD ties, cause like the guy we hire to put up fence says I charge the same to set a good tie or one that is junk just depends on how long you want it to last.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)