AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dsl vs cable based isp questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 12/20/2012 14:37 (#2764093)
Subject: dsl vs cable based isp questions

We've only had dial up, satellite based and now we have dsl for our internet service. I am looking for something more reliable than our dsl, we are on the end of a line and never get the speed they claim we should. I don't think we want to go back to satellite based service. Our other option here is Comcast cable.

Any and all comments about Comcast or cable companies in general would be appreciated.

The package we are looking at has speeds up to 20 Mbps. We are being told that even when it slows down in peak times it will still be in the 12 to 15 Mbps range. We currently have something between 2 and 5 mbps with our dsl, normally in the 3's. After the first year of promotions it would still be slightly cheaper than we are paying for the slower dsl.

On the tv side of it I need to do more research but I am thinking of switching from direct tv to it also. We don't do any premium movies or ppv, mainly local channels, usa, espn, fox sports, hgtv, natgeo etc. Looks like their on demand would be nice to watch things whenever you had the time.

TIA
Ray
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)