AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got a mess! Wet beans on truck!!! Need advice.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

wayneNWAR
Posted 9/6/2012 23:15 (#2579102)
Subject: Got a mess! Wet beans on truck!!! Need advice.

north west arkansas
We had to start cutting beans that were not really ready yet because they were popping so bad and now I have a mess. We started cutting beans yesterday and even though there was alot of green pods and butter beans the moisture was at 13.8% and had a decent grade. I started back cutting today in the same field and since everthing was fine yesterday I didn't bother checking the moisture and just loaded the truck and grain cart. Well when I got to the elevator my load tested 17.8% and since there bin is empty they really didn't want to take them and trust me I understand completely. So I am wondering what to do now. I dont have any bins so do you guys have any ideas for me? The trailer is a flat floor and wasn't loaded completely and we thought we might could let them sit in this heat and maybe stir them a little and probably get the moisture down enough to dump them, but it blew in a storm this afternoon and there is a chance tommorrow. I was also thinking about maybe augering the beans from the cart into my seed tender and then back to my cart. I tell ya I feel like an idiot for getting into this stituation, but these beans just didn't give us any other options other than to cut them and try to salvage something.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)