AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*********Weigh Ins For 8/19/12 to 8/25/12***********
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 8/20/2012 10:01 (#2548944)
Subject: *********Weigh Ins For 8/19/12 to 8/25/12***********

Good Monday Morning to my NAT losers. Well I was hoping to be back home and out of the hospital and I got out on Saturday. Doing pretty well. I had been warned that a knee replacement is worse then a hip replacement. But so for for me, it is the other way around and that could be from me losing those 70 pounds. I was really worried about gaining with having surgery and all the IV fluids. They weighed me at the hospital and of course it is with clothes on so after surgery I was up over 10 pounds. So this morning I could finally get back to the old routine, Right away in the morning, get up and pee and then take your clothes off to weigh. The thing with helping you be accurate when you are trying to lose weight, is to weigh the same time of day and the same day of the week. So if you don't want to weigh naked, weigh in, in the same kind of clothes each time, then it will show what your true numbers are. A must too is no weighing in with shoes on, as shoes can really be heavy.

So I had the surgery on Thursday and with all the IV fluids and they made me weigh with shoes on, I was up over 10 pounds form before surgery. So I was bummed out. But then this morning I got to do my old routine and found out I only gained 1.4 pounds. Not so bad I guess. I had taken leg measurements before surgery and my knee is 3 1/2 inches bigger now and the thigh and calf muscles are an inch bigger. So there is where the extra weight is. I am worried about not being able to do my regular exercise, but with doing physical therapy, I hope that will be at least some exercise and I need to try and walk outside too.

Well, my Vicodin brain is pretty foggy this morning. Hope I didn't make this thread too stupid.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)