AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lincoln Ranger 8 Welder w/kohler not running right
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

LazyJDairy
Posted 7/13/2012 09:41 (#2482775)
Subject: Lincoln Ranger 8 Welder w/kohler not running right

Central East River South Dakota
We have Lincoln Ranger 8 arc welder/generator combo with a kohler 20. I have been using it last couple days w/o a problem. But now it seems like it is losing fuel preasure. I was welding for about 30 mins and it died, I thought it was weird I filled it yesterday and only welded for about an hour, but i thought "maybe it uses more gas than I remember or someone else had ran it (no one did). So I went and got 5 more gals of gas dumped in about 3.5 to fill it( so it was not out) But it started right up and I welded for another 30 mins and then it died, let it cool down for 30 mins and it would run 10, let it cool down for 3 hours and it would run 5 mins. I put a new fuel filter on, I could easily push fuel thru the draw line and filter by pressurising the fuel tank by just blowing on it with my mouth, I needed to finsih last nite and found that I could blow in the tank start the motor and I could weld for about 3 mins b4 it died, I did that about 8 times. But I did finish. Now I have about 4-6 more hours of welding to do with it, what's my prob and how do I fix it? If push come to shove, I have a 6800 gen and a small 220 arc welder to finish the job but I'd rather get my Ranger going. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)