AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update of stx530
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tcfarm
Posted 5/4/2012 00:46 (#2367886)
Subject: Update of stx530

NW ND
Well finally techs came out yesterday and hooked up laptop to tractor. They were planning on running the overhead and checking some other things out but decided to check the ecm to see what the settings were. Problem was there were no settings. hp 0, torque - 0, etc, etc. They said they have never seen anything like it. They didn't even know how it was able to run. Took it in to cummins shop and they flashed it and reprogrammed it. Brought it down today and put it on and totally different tractor. Anyone else ever heard of this happening before and did it do any damage to anything else. I still think I will have the overhead run after springs work because it appears to have a recon head on it, but problem is that cummins has no record of it ever being replaced. I am second owner and got it with about 500 hrs on it, and have know previous owner for 20 yrs and he said that is the way it came. How can that be? Could they have needed to replace the head at the plant in Fargo for some reason because cummins said that there were a few serial numbers around mine that had some work done by cummins of Fargo, but no heads replaced, just some hoses, gaskets and such. Any guesses?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)