AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help with a 7600 Ford
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sfi
Posted 5/2/2012 14:27 (#2365540)
Subject: Help with a 7600 Ford

Oregon

My friend since kindergarten (who is not a farmer) is doing his best to help out his cousin's (a brother to him) widow get along with their (now her) farm.  I received this email from him today.  I've not ever been around these tractors so I'm asking for a little help from you guys to help steer him in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
-Jon

my friend's words...
... 2. She has a Ford 7600 tractor. Dad has a Ford 3000 so I am fairly familiar with the machine.  Dad's does not have the hydraulics that her's has and I have not had much experience with hydraulics. I did some mowing the other day and figured out most of the controls that dad's tractor does not have.  There are two levers under the right side of the seat, a longer and shorter one.  I figured out that the shorter one sends pressure to the forward bucket or to the rear three point. I can't figure out the longer one.  They are one above the other. The three point is very jerky going up and I have not used the bucket other than to keep it out of the way. Could the other lever be to regulate flow for smoother operation?  There are also two knobs below the levers. One does say flow on it but I did not look at them closely.

this is my reply to him so far...

Hi Gerald,

The cow doesn't sound to good.  I'll ask Dad what he thinks.  When they retain the placenta they need the vet asap.  She probably got infected inside from it decaying. :(
It's really hard for me to advise you on the tractor without seeing it.  I am willing to go up there with you sometime if you want.  Does she have an owners manual?  The jerky 3 pt sounds like air....ie the pump is being starved which is caused from either low oil level or a bad transmission pump (which supplies oil to the hydraulic pump).  There might be a short dip stick on the side of the transmission by your feet or possibly something on the back end...the newer stuff has sight tubes.  FYI the transmission and hydraulic fluid are one and the same...the transmission case is the reservoir for the hydraulics.  Is the tractor and or loader greasy like it has leaks?  Look around for some containers that might indicate that Matt had been adding oil...this will also tell you what he was using so you can add the same stuff which is the best thing to do if possible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)