AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A review of a KSI belt elevator on a 1790 Deere planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Detroit
Posted 4/26/2012 21:38 (#2355338)
Subject: A review of a KSI belt elevator on a 1790 Deere planter

Crawfordsville, Arkansas
The positives is that it works pretty well. Easy to deal with moving it from storage to fill positions. In my mind it's better than having a auger or belt on every cart we have.

Now for the negatives. No installation instructions at all. Not even a picture. Didn't get all the parts and had to call the factory and talk to an engineer before I finally was sent the rest of my parts. When I asked him why they didn't include any instructions he actually sounded dumbfounded and really didn't have an answer. I didn't get the right manual for my planter but instead got one for a 1770 and the DB series planters. I had him send me one. Didn't help one bit.. Has one page of blurry pics of how to run the hoses and wires and about 10 pages that go into great detail on where to place the warning stickers.

Overall I am glad I have it installed on the planter. Can use a gravity wagon with a slide to fill with. Probably takes 10 minutes to fill both tanks which isn't blazing fast but a wagon with a auger would be about the same or slower.

I would rather spend the money on this belt and a few 300-400 bushel gravity wagons than on a $20k belted wagon. I like having a few different varieties of seed instead of being tied to one or the other. Being able to run a planter full out and go grab another wagon with a different variety or group of seed is pretty nice. This setup fits our operation pretty well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)