AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS - What do I need?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BenP
Posted 4/13/2012 20:42 (#2334768)
Subject: GPS - What do I need?

Central Nebraska
Alright, the thread about autosteer in Machinery Talk has got me thinking, and I want some opinions that don't come from a salesman.

We ridge till and gravity irrigate here, so I need to be pretty accurate. Do I need RTK, or will SF2 do the job? I guess I don't really know how accurate SF2 is. It's my understanding that RTK is accurate to within an inch or better. I also don't know what type of display I would need. Salesman was trying to sell me a used 2630 monitor, and if I remember right, was wanting $3,000 for it. If that sounds off, it could be because I'm an idiot and don't remember well. I do remember that whatever monitor it was is capable of 4 functions at one time and could map, record, etc. I wouldn't mind that function, so I could use a rate controller with it, but it's not necessary. My tractor already has an autosteer valve in it.

Honestly, I don't really know what I need. I'm looking for an idea of what it might cost me by the time I get everything paid for, including activation, updates, and all that good stuff. What can a guy that needs to be pretty accurate get by with, and what would you all recommend and what do you like?

Is this clear as mud yet?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)