AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8270R Likes and dislikes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Proby8270
Posted 4/4/2012 01:14 (#2320290)
Subject: 8270R Likes and dislikes

Western Australia
We purchased a new 8270R in June 2011. It has ILS, powershift, active seat, big pump, lights package, singles allround, no 3pl or wieght package except it has carrier on the front. Tractor is used for spraying and spreading lime sand and done 280 hours. Obtained quotes on NH 8020 AND MAGNUM 260. All are good tractors from people i talked to before purchase. Deeres lack of a 50km gearbox option in powershift was almost a deal breaker but in the end the ILS option was the main reason I chose the 8270. The tractor was also available straight away as it was a cancelled order or a spec buy for dealer. That is why I didnt get a 50km IVT.
DISLIKES:
Diff lock switch is in a bad position right next to steering wheel tilt. Managed to engage it once and almost ran off the raod when trying to turn.
Cab leaks too much dust unless you have fan on gale force.
Throttle is occassionly knocked by my elbow.
Powershift is a bit rough on some gear changes I have had it recallibrated but its only ok. If you were short of horsepower the 16 speed would bee inadequate.
SCV switches takes a bit of getting used to

LIKES;
ILS is very good for ride.
Ative seat is a big imrovement to any other seat I have used,
Light package is good
hydraulics capacity is very good ,about to fit a hypro pump for boomspray
cab is quiet . I have been told new magnums are quieter
tractor has more than enough power for what Ill ever need
Would be interested in the opinion of other R series owners .I farm in the Central Wheatbelt of Western Australia
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)