AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flat face Vs. Pioneer tips for vac pumps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 4/3/2012 14:03 (#2319315)
Subject: Flat face Vs. Pioneer tips for vac pumps

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I'm installing V-sets on my Kinze 3200. I'm bringing my small middle hydraulic return line for the vacuum pump to the case drain on a 4440. I had a JD service manager tell me to use the flat face tips at the case drain as it has no back pressure like Pioneer tips do. Wow are they pricey,,,,,,, $108 for the female plug & I think it was $88 for the male tip plus some extra fitings. They didn't have the female parton hand so told them to go ahead and order it.

Now Buster 50 just called me & said he stopped a hydraulic shop in Sioux City. Ia & the guy told him their is no differance in back pressure between a flat face & a pioneer tip.

So I called another JD service manager I know & he told me the same thing the first JD manager did. He says for the potential problem with blowing a motor seal it's not worth the chance of using the pioneer tip.

What it boils down to is using $200 plus tips vs. a $25 pioneer setup. I know the last thing I want to do is put in a new motor seal during planting season.

So what do you experts out there claim is better for Vac pumps? I know nothing about flat face tips accept for what the JD service people tell me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)