AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bad day with the laser. Tell me more about Intelislope and AGPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 4/2/2012 22:27 (#2318528)
Subject: bad day with the laser. Tell me more about Intelislope and AGPS

Paxton, IL

I've been fighting my laser grade control system for too long now.  It's getting to the point that I'm going to have to replace it with something else.  I currently get RTK signal from my local dealer network, but closest base is quite a ways away.  I'm aware I'll probably need a base in the field (or pretty close by) to get good results with any RTK grade control system.  I have heard really good things about both Intelislope and AGPS, but I've got a few questions.

1) I'm currently using a speicher 6060 trecher for tiling.  do these systems even work on a wheel trencher?  I always hear about them on plows, but never on trenchers.  Looking at adding a plow in the future that I'd use whatever system I end up using on, but probably not for a few years.

Along the same line, one of the big selling points I hear on Intelislope, is that it uses a slope sensor on the boot.  Does that still apply to a trencher if it will even work?

2) AGPS has pipe fm and pipe pro.  I see that pipe fm is a scaled down version for farmers, what would I be missing that I get in pipe pro?

3) I would like to do a lot of planning ahead of time and be able to survey the area to be tiled and lay out my lines in the computer.  Does either program allow this?

4) I'm assuming both systems will create a map of the tile you've installed, can it be imported into a GIS program (currently using ag leader sms)?  Also does either system have the ability to navigate back to a previously installed line?  For instance I will most likely install a main, then need to get back to that same main to hook up to it several years from now. 

5) the big question.....what is the cost of both systems?  I know there are probably a lot of variables, but try to give me a general ballpark price range.  I'll probably need new gps equipment to go with the system because I want it to stand on it's own and not use something from another part of my operation.  That way if I have a few good days where I can get some tile in, I don't have to worry about the fact that the receiver is on the other tractor or something like that.

If any dealers from either system wanted to contact me with more information, my email address is in my profile.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)