AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making a pad for a shop with a dozer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cr39
Posted 3/12/2012 23:42 (#2284440)
Subject: Making a pad for a shop with a dozer

My neighbor is wanting to build a 40x60 shop with a concrete floor and all steel. He asked if I would want to build a pad for him with my dozer (TD 15-C). I told him I was no expert, but could probably do it. The guy wants the shop on the side of a hill, not on the very top. He said a concrete contractor came out, used a laser level, and said it was 2 foot lower on one end. The concrete guy wanted to pour the concrete like the ground is for an extra $5000 I think.

I have a laser level, and I figure if I get the pad within 1 inch of grade it will be ok. I think I will make the pad two feet wider in each direction (42x62), and also have some sort of terrace/ ditch to drain water away from the shop. I don't know if the dozer will pack the dirt down enough, or how long it will take -8hr? Don't know what the slope on the edges of the pad should be.

I had a shop built 10 years ago and didn't have a dozer, so I had my neighbor do it. I don't know if he used a transit/ level or not, but the pad seems to work ok and directs the water away. Maybe I am overthinking this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)