AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Choosing the correct LED light
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FamousLee
Posted 3/6/2012 00:06 (#2270507)
Subject: Choosing the correct LED light

Ossian, IN
I tried to use the search function for some answers so that I didn't create another LED light thread but the results didn't give me any answers.

Anyways, I have been emailing Nick from Quantilutions and he is saying that LEDs should not be used as my primary light which would be used on the road. Are these lights that bright that I can't? Even just the 18w? I know they are flood lights so that may not be good. These are going on a White 2-155 in the fenders and that is such a tight area that there aren't many light choices and I'm not going to put HIDs in the fenders because once again, too bright for the road.

My whole reason for doing such is because everybody knows that sealed beam lights are pathetic. There were many nights this past fall that we had to quit for the night working ground because they are that awful on this tractor. I bought the A&I 4" lamps with the interchangeable H3 bulb but was in process of installing and it was so chincy that the tab on it for the ground wire broke and I am unable to solder it back on. I'm afraid an H3 wouldn't be good/bright enough to replace the current sealed beams.

Therefore, if there were some LEDs available that could be used and safe for the road, I'm hunting for a 4" round LED replacement light to fit in the standard housings. Where might I find them and approximately how much? I've heard of people buying them through John Deere but that right there just increased the prices 2-3x what it's worth.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)