AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FM 750 guidence lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Nebraska Sandhiller
Posted 2/20/2012 22:32 (#2241467)
Subject: FM 750 guidence lines

NNW Nebraska
trying to figure out how to start fields.
Most of my fields are pivots, and because the edges are often close to the fence, I plant two rounds with a 12 row planter, then plant the rest of the field straight across.

If I map boarders of the field, can I use that, and nudge to set up a ab line to drive on, from that line.
I have equipment that is 13' wide, 24' wide, 30' wide , and 45' wide. so how do I get lines the correct distance from the edge for each implement?

Or do I map headlands? I have played with mapping boarders, but not yet with headlands.

If I drive the field edge with either the tractor close to the edge, or the atv, what is the best procedure so that when I hook on a implement, I can have a line to drive on that fits that implement?

other than doing it to learn how to do it, would it be a waste of time to do this ahead of time using waas? Will subscribe to omni when it gets time to start working in the fields. Then I understand that omni drifts as well so if I get the edges marked, can I nudge to get to the ab line I need to use. Would I still need to do the edge just as I am ready to work the field, or would omni be better at moving the line?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)