AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK and RTX questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 2/18/2012 18:14 (#2236855)
Subject: RTK and RTX questions

Morris, IL
Thinking about going to RTX for this spring with a FM750 and EZ-Steer, i know the EZ-Steer probably won't be perfect for RTX or RTK but for right now i'm fine with that. Just want to try out RTX for a year and if i want to stick with it i'd probably change to true RTK and maybe EZ-Pilot or integrated auto steer.

My question. If we upgraded signal to RTX (the slow speed one) could i use same FM 750 along with 4 wheeler for mapping fields? Could i do that now with just the Omnistar XP? Mainly I just want to find acres on a few fields that we changed around and i want to draw a few parallel lines which i think i already know how to do. Do i have to change the mode on FM 750 or something? I know a relative of mine mapped a few fields with our PF3000 few years ago but don't remember what he did.

Other question, is it possible with RTX to draw all my lines for field work with the 4 wheeler before i go to the field with tractor. Like for example, could i drive the edge of the field, record AB line and shift line 15' so i can follow that line with planter and spring NH3? Or is there a way to get those lines from a boundary map like i talked about in my first question? At least one side of every field is curved if that makes any difference.

Is this something only true RTK can do? I'm a little dumb when it comes to GPS stuff. Thanks in advance guys.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)