AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to Frame basement walls---pics---
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 2/9/2012 08:48 (#2215718)
Subject: How to Frame basement walls---pics---

King City, Mo
Does anyone have any tips for framing walls in your basement?

Do you build them on the floor and then rotate them and them up? The floor joices and floor above are already in place.

Or do you build the wall in the spot it will be when finished?

What i'm worried about is getting the walls to fit snugly into place. We didn't have the builder install any walls in the basement other then support walls. We ended up getting windows, doors, siding, roofing materials, exterior trim, all of the electrical stuff ourselves when menards had a 11% rebate sale. We used 1/3 of the rebate money and bought the owens corning pink foam to line the walls like he did, and the 2x4's to build the walls.

We plan on finishing the basement later but though why not go ahead and put a little insulation and walls up now while i'm not in the field. Then when the electrician and I go to run the wires we can go head and put lights and plug-ins in so we can use the basement for my son to pay or craft area for my wife ect. Mabie even a place for me to sleep if things don't go good.....lol

I am currently installing the owens corning stuff and will prob be middle-end of next week before i'm ready to start farming so i thought it's be a good idea to ask in advance to get people to thinking and to share there experiences.

Payment in advance by me providing pictures.....lol

Edited by lawfarms 2/9/2012 08:54

(feb8-2012 027.jpg)

(earlydec11 137.jpg)

(jan25-2012 951.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments feb8-2012 027.jpg (38KB - 283 downloads)
Attachments earlydec11 137.jpg (54KB - 308 downloads)
Attachments jan25-2012 951.jpg (36KB - 290 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)