AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NMEA input into FMX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mkurkowski
Posted 2/6/2012 23:19 (#2210582)
Subject: NMEA input into FMX

Ogallala,NE
we are trying to temporarily install a second fmx into a tractor in order to create some new field lines (one fmx drives the tractor while the second records a new line). i know it seems like there should be a way to do this without using two displays, but we sure haven't figured out how. my question is, is there a way to output the GPS data from one fmx into the other so we don't have to run two NAV's, two GPS globes, and two RTK antenna's? i know you can output from an FMX in NMEA format, as we use this functionality for out topcon sprayer and planter controls. however, i was wondering if it was possible to somehow run this data into another FMX to accomplish our goal.

i am pretty sure we could use a couple of TNC tee's and coax cables to share the antenna's between the two receivers, but we would still have to run two NAV's. this would work, i just thought maybe there was a cleaner/simpler way to do it.

i have done some reading about agremote, but have never used it and am not familiar with it. however, i am willing to figure it out if it is one of the pieces of the puzzle.

thanks in advance. any input would be greatly appreciated.

Max Kurkowski
Ogallala,NE
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)