AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm sick of looking for a TV
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 12/9/2011 19:57 (#2094405)
Subject: I'm sick of looking for a TV

East central Iowa

We thought we wanted a new TV and my wife still does.  However it's been decided that we want a 46" LCD, I guess for the size of our room.

I looked at a lot of reviews and it appears that LG is a top dog for quality followed by Panasonic.  However EVERY darn review I've read had a large number of unhappy people for each set. 

They've had problems hooking up the computer because the TV won't run at 120hz only 60 even though it's a 120hz TV.  They've had problems with Netflix looking bad.  They've had problems with ghosting.  They've had problems with the TV just dying after a few days or weeks.  You name it people have had or are having problems with these $650 to $850 TV's.  And frankly I can't justify spending any more than that, I have trouble even thinking about spending that much to sit and watch what's on TV.  But, I'm married and intend to stay that way.  (after 34 years I don't want to start over)

I've looked at the ratings in the new issue of PC World and some of the companies seem to have a lot of trouble.  Even the best seem to have some problems.

Don't know what to expect from this rant but darn it I'm just sick of looking at specifications and reviews.  I just want a TV that will work as good as my old one that's 27" and never given me any problems after years and years of use.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)