AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Renting ground ? Tactics?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 8/1/2011 22:31 (#1890985)
Subject: Renting ground ? Tactics?

Saronville NE
Sure seems the ground always goes to the same people around here, and doesnt seem to matter on quality or quantitiy they wont turn anything down and arnet afraid to be outfront on rent. My question is how do you compete? I know a poster on here that always says you have to find a way to compete to stay in business and I know hes right, but how? My banker limits me on how far they will let you push things, thinks its too risky when you get too high, well he is always a yr behind on rents, when you shoulda been giving $250 a yr ago lets say now its $300 and he wants to be at $250. I have thought of several ways to compete but cant seem to get landlords to look at it even though, they would pry end up with way more rent then what they would get for cashrent.

I have tried the if you ever make a change in tenents keep in mind thing, has never worked. Have tried on the cash rent bid thing, never get it even though always been in the ballpark. Have tried the custom farming thing to rent it from retireng guys hasnt worked. What else do you do besides try to rent away from people? and thats not ethical IMO, and dont want the reputation that goes along with it most of the time. So how does a guy expand without buying ground? Which blows alot of us younger guys right outa the water with the price of ground presently. Thoughts? TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)