AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop Door Size?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CND
Posted 7/28/2011 00:02 (#1883384)
Subject: Shop Door Size?

Anamoose, ND
We are kicking around the idea of building a new shop...it would be a steel 60X80 building with 21 foot side wall. We were thinking about putting a 40'X18' hyd door in the one gable end with another 20'x18' roll-up door in the one sidewall. With the 21 foot sidewall it is possible to go a little higher with the door, possibly 19 feet. I talked to a friend tonight and he suggested instead of going higher than 18' go wider with the door so we can drive a combine and 40 foot head directly into the building without taking the head off. His thought was that most pieces of equipment are less than 18' tall so their is no need to go higher with the door. I know it would be nice to drive the combine into the building with a 40' head on, but really that need only comes up a few times every year-our farm is rather spread out and it is not very often that we store the combines inside during harvest. He suggested we go with a 44' hyd door but I really don't like the idea that this door will take up all but 16' on the gable end. On a 60' wide building what would be considered a proportionate sized door?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)