AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2011 planter and 2008 air cart on same can bus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/25/2011 19:16 (#1744370)
Subject: 2011 planter and 2008 air cart on same can bus

Our JD dealer told us that with the rear extension harness on our 2011 1770NT we would be able to run both our 2008 1910 air cart and our planter on the same can bus. The air cart requires a brown box and we're using a 2630 on the planter. They said that since the planter runs off the ISO bus, there wouldn't be a problem with the two systems running together. We were told to plug the brown box in first, turn the key on, then after it boots up and sets itself as the primary display, we should plug the 2630 in. Then the 2630 would run as an auxilliary display.

I have set everything up in the brownbox and it seems like it will control the cart just fine this way. The problem appears to be the planter. I think the 2630 thinks that it has an air drill hooked up to it because of the air cart. When I go to the GS3 Pro button and then the equipment button I find that it thinks implement 1 is a seeder and not a planter.

JD recommended unplugging the cart at the back of the planter, then starting the two displays up and setting everything up for the planter and then shutting down, plugging the cart back in and then powering up again. When I do this all my settings for that I had just entered such as the distance between the hitch and the front of the planter are gone and it doesn't say planter anymore, instead it says seeder.

Do I need to run another can bus to make this work? Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)