AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to force Adobe download to alternate drive?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/23/2011 21:16 (#1686141)
Subject: How to force Adobe download to alternate drive?

Chebanse, IL.....

I want to download latest vers. of Adobe, which looks like Adobe X (ten in American). But, I don't want any application programs to load onto my C drive, I only want them to go to my E drive (much-much larger!!). However, I've tried loading from a couple different sites & there never seems to be the question of "where" you want the Adobe program to go. It just keeps going to my C drive. I've probably downloaded it 5 times....and UNinstalled it also 5 times. I don't have a disk with that latest version, but am I doomed to finding one? Or, does someone know a download site that will allow me to force it to my E drive? I'm also sure I can't download it to the C & then CUT/PASTE it to the E drive. That usually doesn't work successfully, does it?

Here's one site I've been trying. It's bona-fide Adobe site...but BE CAREFUL if you want to play w/this download, you'll note the McAfee software is also checked & it will try to download McAfee on your computer if you allow it. Need to UNcheck McAffee.:
http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)