AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New GM Vehicle Oil
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 2/18/2011 10:16 (#1621184)
Subject: New GM Vehicle Oil

Bought the wife a new GMC Acadia last fall and now it needs an oil change (yea we don't put on a lot of miles) have a card to "free" one from the dealership but everytime we are in Fargo they are booked for the day so I am not going to make a special trip up there (120 miles) just to get my free oil change so I said the heck with it and bought oil & filter now I am reading in the book all 2011 GM vehicles need this DEXOS oil that I cannot find anywere, GM sites longer change intervals and some other crap for using it, it also mentions you can use other oil that meets specs if not avaible, I have not called the dealership yet to find out how expensive this crap even is yet but wondering to my self if I just use a regular oil that meets all specs and change @ 3,000 miles is it really going to matter, you know I can buy 6 quarts of oil and filter and change it for a fraction of the cost the dealership is going to charge using this stuff plus I can probally change it twice and still cost less than once at the dealership so if I am not concerned about the "extended life" for oil changes is really going to matter?? Dennis SEND

Edited by Dennis SEND 2/18/2011 10:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)