AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ok....Taking the precision leap. Need your input
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

oakridge
Posted 1/5/2011 09:19 (#1528026)
Subject: Ok....Taking the precision leap. Need your input

West Central Wisconsin
I have decided to add a guidance system to our farming operation. Dad is not for the idea so i will be buying myself and let him see it work therefor i want to make sure i am buying the right system. I think i have it nailed down to a Raven Cruizer 2 with the Helix antenna. I chose this system because of price, adaptability to ravens other add ons, and i have had good luck with other raven products we use. I have a few questions though... 1. we have rolling terrain. Do they have a tilt compensation device and what do i need to buy to make it work. 2. I assume this unit comes with the basic gps signal (wass). How accurate is it? What other options do i have and approximate cost? 3. I dont plan to add smartsteer right away. I am sure I will eventually. How easy is it to follow the line when driving manually? THe main reason i am buying this system is because i have an off farm job and alot of my work gets done at night. It would be alot easier on my eyes to follow a screen then trying to see row marks, foam, or last spreader pass in the dark.
I know this has been discussed alot here but i could not find answers to my specific questions. Thanks a lot. I need to do my best to impress Dad the first time arround.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)