AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 3600 w/ Dawn 3005s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

superfarmer
Posted 4/26/2010 21:43 (#1175887)
Subject: Kinze 3600 w/ Dawn 3005s

Eastern Ontario
So, I finally got the planter going with the usual hickups along the way, but I still can't believe as much worked as it did. Picture shows it running at 5mph putting down 150#/a of NH3 on 60" centres. The only time I've ever seen any vapour leaking out is on the tractor wheel tracks in clay. Most was on the no-till ground, but only had about 10a of that to do. The dawns perform far better than expected, though for sidedress application I can see that the 6000's would be even better. I'm using a raven control system with two booms and standard manifolds. Both booms are running within 1psi of each other (usually about 50 with tank pressure of 80psi) and when I turn it on at the ends each tube is really blowing out a nice even stream. All I did to the tubes was put a 1/4" female NPT male air hose coupler on and it's working beautifully. Hopefully I'll get more pics and closeups of the coulters, I'm heading out to some heavy clay that will leak with the best of knives, but my opinion now is that NH3 knives are a thing of the past. Thanks for the help from the guys at Dawn and for designing the best single disc coulter I've ever seen. Just wish I had the budget for 16 more on my dry fertilizer.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yleIz5Jnl0U

Edited by superfarmer 4/26/2010 22:37

(kinze side.jpg)

(kinze.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments kinze side.jpg (37KB - 89 downloads)
Attachments kinze.jpg (46KB - 64 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)