AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new (to me) sprayer - tips?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FFJR
Posted 4/2/2010 12:05 (#1147087)
Subject: new (to me) sprayer - tips?

nc IA
Finally purchased my first sprayer and got it home. It was a one owner custom built unit by Fast, looks to be in very good shape. Going to extend the tip out's on the wings two more nozzles to get it to 45' vs the 40 it is on now.

Wondering suggestions for tips? I am currently broadcasting with AI turbo teejets and really like them on my planter for broadcasting a partial rate of dual II / balance as I go eliminating a trip.

The sprayer is equipped currently with what I believe to be turbo teejets (blue 03). Setup on 15" centers.
Will be spraying roundup with a calisto chaser, and I do have Liberty beans.

Drift is a factor - so considering buying the AI Turbo Tee's but have heard issues with liberty. Was considering 10gpa, but have also heard that if you bump up to 15 or higher for the liberty it will aid in coverage alot. Not a huge issue to run more gallons given the small number of acres I have to cover at this point. Not sure on speed yet - but figure 7-9 mph is the window based on what others with 2wd tractors run.

So, would you run the current, go to AI TT's and / or have another set of flat fan XR's?
I would think with the 15" spacing there really shouldn't be a need for the twin tips for penetration if I keep the gallons at or above 10?

(P1010842sm.jpg)

(P1010844sm.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1010842sm.jpg (42KB - 54 downloads)
Attachments P1010844sm.jpg (35KB - 59 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)