AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Disc mowers... which way to go
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry in AB
Posted 3/29/2010 13:38 (#1142079)
Subject: New Disc mowers... which way to go

Alberta, Canada
I'm looking to upgrade my old CIH/New Ideal 9ft disc mower we've had now for 19 years a metal is getting thin in spots. I haven't decided which way to go just yet. Local dealer is suggesting a 12ft Hesston 1372 model. I looked them over a lot different from mine and a heck of a lot more belts, gear boxes and so forth. But then again its a different style all together. I would really like a 12 foot for my second cut as its much lighter, however in my heavy 1st cut 9 foot is plenty wide for small square baling. I could take a smaller cut with a 12ft but then the swath will be uneven. Typically we don't rake all the time as it drys fine here in the heat and sun. Years ago we had a 12 foot and did just that take a small cut in first and wide cut in the 2nd. But found dry down time was faster with the little 9ft on 1st cut with having the swath spread even.

So anyway how are the Hesston/Agco 12fts compared to the NH/CIH 12fts and same for the 9fts models in each brand. These are my too close dealers so I'd like to stick to them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)