AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

750 drill rebuild and closer options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 12/29/2009 21:27 (#992611)
Subject: 750 drill rebuild and closer options

SW Ohio
OK i looked back at all the old posts on 750's Mine is above 6000 serial # and has about 6-7000 acres on it (15foot)
I have decided to put on new blades and boots, needham V-8 slot wheels, Needhams 2.75 depth wheels. Going to try a bigger bolt on the boot mount instead of using the bushings. The closer arm bushings are still pretty tight, less than 3/4" play at the rear of arm, the main arm bushings are real tight. Now I am down to deciding on which closing wheel to use and where the bearings should be, in the wheel like original or in the arm like a 1560/90. The wheel choices are down to the martin 20 point or the Dawn curvetine II(unless there are others I missed).
I primarily plant into A:50% corn stubble B:30%bean stubble C:15% tilled ground D:5% hay ground all of which is mostly planting beans, some wheat and a little forage. I try not to plant when it is too wet as i have seen very poor results and can wait a few days for drier conditions....however if the closers would make that situation better then let that influence my choice on wheels. Not shy about putting dollars into this as it has served me well for 15 years and I want to make her go another 15.

What say you Phil and Jim, and others. Why would I like one wheel over another over the original??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)