AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean herbicide damage?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Josh in Pa
Posted 7/1/2024 17:11 (#10794892)
Subject: Soybean herbicide damage?

s.e. Pa
I have a field of soybeans that is kind of far from home and I don’t look at often. I sprayed them with zidua pro the day I planted them (4/27) and then roundup and enlist 6/8. At that time they looked pretty good, but were getting some pokeweeds in them, that was the reason I sprayed. My brother owns the field and has been telling me they look poor, but I thought he was pulling my leg. I looked at them today and they are awful! The edges look good, but middle of the field has obvious herbicide damage. What is this from? The sprayer went from zidua pro to enlist and roundup, nothing else was in the tank in between. I have to look and see if these were the first load or not, but they are my only beams like this. I normally would flush the tank 3x when I switch chemicals. Is this maybe sharpen damage from not cleaning thoroughly? It’s odd that the outside looks the best.

Another thought, this ground had spent mushroom compost applied before the beans. Is it possible some kind of herbicide was on the hay used in the compost? Would the beans have come up good and then started to struggle like this?

Edited by Josh in Pa 7/1/2024 17:16

(IMG_1152 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_1150 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_1151 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1152 (full).jpeg (200KB - 47 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1150 (full).jpeg (230KB - 46 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1151 (full).jpeg (166KB - 48 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)