AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wetland ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MN Dave 2
Posted 5/19/2024 21:37 (#10745135)
Subject: Wetland ???

I have a 115A farm that has drainage issues. A poor outlet that has issues that makes the situation even worse. About 5 acres that is really bad, but I could be talked into giving up on another 10-15 acres rather easily. If the $$$s were right, the whole 115A could go in. We've owned the farm for about 30 years. I had a 5 acre parcel that was enrolled in the 5?year CRP program that we took out quite a few years ago when contract expired and currently have a different 30 acre tract in the CREP program currently and after those experiences, let's just say I'm leery about signing up for more. Both tracts are on a different farm.

I understand that there are currently some new CRP programs being offered. What are the yearly payment rates? (I'm in south central MN)

Several years ago we looked into purchasing "wetland credits" and at that time it was very expensive per acre. How do I go about selling wetland credits myself? Is that something that is still being done?

I'll be talking to ASCS and I imagine the people in our local Soil and Water offices fairly soon, I would like a little information before I start talking with them. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)