AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tractor value per 100 hours
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kst1
Posted 1/29/2024 08:12 (#10598767)
Subject: Tractor value per 100 hours

Straight forward question: How many dollars of value does a tractor lose in 100 hours?

All the nuance: I'm trying to justify a tractor added to the operation. I could say I won't have to hook/unhook as often, I will use it more than I think, etc.... but I'm trying to economically justify it (so far, I can not and that's ok). But now I'm trying to figure out the value of saving 100 hours a year on a late model Case IH 180 Magnum. It does all the planting, hauls manure, pulls a 700 bushel grain cart, and does a lot of other jobs around the farm that I wouldn't mind getting it off of. Bought in January of 2020 with 1700 hours, now around 2800. I think taking some of the work off its back would have some value on the back side of value but struggling to put a number to it. If I start putting 150 hours a year on it instead of 250, will that save much value over 7-8 years? (Or asking it this way, in 8 years what will the difference be between a 4000 hour and a 4800 hour Magnum?)

The biggest difference to the operation a new tractor would make is that I would also buy a sprayer to pull behind said tractor, which is a no brainer economically but a one man show with 5000 hogs and 120 cattle doesn't have a ton of time to spray in the summer either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)