AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7088 update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

west illini
Posted 10/9/2023 21:33 (#10434211)
Subject: 7088 update

IL
I finally got the beast to fire up this morning . I’m posting this, hoping it will help someone elastic later on .
From the beginning
After almost losing power 3 times in 15 minutes friday, the 7088 said no more and went to sleep in the field, like it shut the fuel off.
By that evening I had changed both filters and the electric lift pump, with no restart
Saturday morn, with the hrlp of my son, we heard gurgling at the top of the draw tube in the tank . I had done a lot of searching on here and in a Facebook group with lots of good feedback . It was suggested from experience , that the draw tube was cracked, or the fuel line had gotten old and had holes in it . After finding a draw tube 3 hrs away I spent the day on the road . I had it on by night, and then did not hear anymore gurgling . But still no start .
Sunday I made a replacement suction hose between the tank and the filter . I worked that afternoon trying to get the air bled out .
I took the output line loose to confirm flow through the pump .
After a suggestion here to remove the plug from the upper filter , I finally had flow there .
During this time I had the jumper cables hooked to to charged . Saturday night I took the batteries home to charge .
This morning I hooked the the jumpers to charge the batteries while the pump ran … about 30 sec then crank … 3-4 times . Finally after the last time it fired up like nothing was wrong … No spitting or sputtering .
I do believe the suction tube and hose were the culprits ( gurgling bubbles sound … after replacement no sound )
And good charge needs to be kept up on the batteries ….

I hood this helps someone down the road

(IMG_7717 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_7719 (full).jpeg)

(CB29E7BF-0064-4D4A-9EAC-F72C234D964B (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_7717 (full).jpeg (32KB - 280 downloads)
Attachments IMG_7719 (full).jpeg (28KB - 271 downloads)
Attachments CB29E7BF-0064-4D4A-9EAC-F72C234D964B (full).jpeg (24KB - 273 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)