AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More on rotor balanceing.......How much vibration is acceptable?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 7/30/2009 07:43 (#793620)
Subject: More on rotor balanceing.......How much vibration is acceptable?

just a tish NE of central ND
1480 combine.......AT-home rotor balanceing can sure turn into a frustrating guessing game.After looking at the combine rotor for a while,we decided to add some weight to the light protion of our combine rotor.After some trial runs, we decided it had improved quite a bit, but needed more attention. Upon more observation we determined the "new weight" was neither the heavy spot or the light spot on the rotor anymore.We had a new Light spot" and again added some weight to counter it.We feel it improved some more, but we could no longer find a consistant heavy side to add/ remove weight on.
So we sort of decided on an "in between" location. It too also helped. There is some vibration now between 910 and 990 rpms, but not too bad. You can hear it more that you can feel it.Over that speed or under that speed it is about completly gone.It doesnt seem to shake the windsheild wiper or side mirrors like it used to.Im thinking when I load the rotor with material that the vibration will hardly be noticeable if even . How much vibration (opinion of course) is too much vibration??
Now, if I could only get my 1988 D9 Rowes double sickle mower with New holland heads to run that smooth! LOL!!!!!!!

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 7/30/2009 08:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)