AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Real Time Adjusted yield mapping - w/ or w/o Swath control while combining?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FARMinPA
Posted 6/24/2009 09:24 (#755631)
Subject: Real Time Adjusted yield mapping - w/ or w/o Swath control while combining?

Western PA
So here's my thought/question: When combining and mapping yields, does the field documentation code take into account your true coverage width? Ie, if I'm only picking up 10ft of crop in my 30ft head, is the yield adjusted accordingly? Or, is the result a line of data through the field where my yield shows (incorrectly) as 1/3 of the actual yield?

I would think that this could be done without even having swath control (or whichever brand you use), as the coverage map should be able to be used to predict the area that is left to be combined (for example, if I'm overlapping my last pass by 20 ft to the left (or even 10ft on the left and 10ft on the right), that 20ft should not be used in the yield calculations. If that can't be done on a 'free' basis, couldn't I use my 'already paid for and active' swath control to do the same thing?

Again, a theme in all my posts, this is especially important to me where I have small, irregular fields with lots of points and widths that are never divisible by 30ft...

I'm just getting started with yield mapping this year on a 9670 and 2600 display. So, I'm not sure what to expect. We've taken off some barley, but 0 bu/acre is the same whether it's over 10ft or 30ft... (lot's of frost damage).

Thanks!

(oh yeah, if this isn't already incorporated into systems or previously vetted here, I want to claim rights to the idea! -- and a mention in the patent!)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)