AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Of interest to Mac and iPhone users
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 6/9/2009 21:32 (#738821)
Subject: Of interest to Mac and iPhone users

I watched the keynote from yesterday - Apple's WWDC.

Snow Leopard will be available this Sept. Only $29 to upgrade from Leopard. Looks like a nice OS. 64 bit all the way through, frees up 6 GB of disk space over Leopard, some minor refinements to the user interface that will be nice. 

New iPhone OS 3.0 will be available in a few days.

New iPhone is called the 3G S - pretty much the same form factor as the 3G, but about twice as fast, has video capability, a better camera, magnetometer, better battery life. The 3G model will still be offered in 8 GB and selling for only $99. 3G S will be available on 6/17 I believe and now a 32 GB model is offered. One neat thing in the 3.0 OS is voice control - voice dialing, voice control of the iPod - just tell it what song to play and it will start. Ask it what song is playing, and it will tell you. If there is a particular song playing that you like, say "Play more songs like this" and it will create a Genius Playlist automatically with similar songs and will play them. What will they think of next?!  :)

Safari 4.0 is available now - came through last night on software update. I downloaded the beta version a few months ago and used it for a few days, but switched back to 3.0. I reluctantly downloaded 4.0 and installed it - MUCH better than the beta. They listened to the beta users and put the tab bar back where we're used to it being. It is SMOKING fast - so was the beta, but I didn't like the beta user interface. This seems to be a great browser and I highly recommend giving it a try.

Edited by McCartman 6/9/2009 21:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)